As Interim Department Head of Pediatrics, I'd like to welcome you to our website. I hope you'll take a few minutes to read further about innovative programs that are moving forward a charge that is very important to me and my colleagues – a charge to advance the health and well-being of children in Chicago through innovative programs. I look forward to working with all members of our extensive community as we strengthen our foundation and commitment to effective, compassionate, and accessible healthcare for all of Chicago's children.
Benjamin W. Van Voorhees, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Interim Head, Department of Pediatrics
Faculty/Residents Receive Awards at Graduation
The following awards were received by faculty/residents at the graduation ceremony held May 30, 2015, at the University Club of Chicago:
• Outstanding faculty mentor, from the residents: Dr. Pavan Srivastava
• Outstanding intern, from the residents: Dr. Xochil Galeano
• Outstanding senior resident, from the interns: Dr. Gabriela Villanueva
• Outstanding fellow, from the residents: Dr. Nishant Srinivasan
• Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching: Dr. Saba Ahmad, Dr. Amanda Osta, and Dr. Pavan Srivastava
• Research Award: Dr. Tanbeena Imam
• Global Health Certificate: Dr. Amber Dave
• Outstanding faculty, from the students: Dr. Sara Smith and Dr. Andrew Griffin
• Outstanding senior resident, from the students: Dr. Gabriela Villanueva
• Outstanding intern, from the students: Dr. Margarita Mankus
CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
Children's Hospital University of Illinois (CHUI), home to an extraordinarily committed and talented group of physicians, scientists, educators, and administrators dedicated to advancing the field of pediatric medicine. We have made remarkable progress in fulfilling our three-pronged mission: to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to all children, especially the underserved; be an acclaimed leader in moving pediatrics forward through research; and educate medical professionals and health care workers in all aspects of our field. With a solid foundation in place, we are well positioned to meet future challenges in health care delivery, education and research.
Click here for more information about CHUI
Patient Appointments: 1.866.600.CARE
Follow us on
Coordination of Health Care for Complex Kids
We are here to help.Caring for a child with a chronic illness like sickle cell, diabetes, and asthma while navigating the Medicaid health plan is overwhelming. CHECK is your care coordination program - we are here to guide you through the care for your child's complex illness.
Our mission is to improve the coordination of health care for children and young adults with chronic conditions by engaging and collaborating with them, THEIR families, and THEIR communities to provide tailored disease specific programs and to reduce their barriers to accessing medical, behavioral, and social services.
Click here to learn more about CHECK